Hey everyone!! It’s time to close up 2018! It was one hell of a year and I feel so emotional just thinking about how much I’ve grown and how much I’ve come to love change. It’s such a bittersweet feeling as is everything that comes and goes in life. So today I want to share with you the habits that I have taken on and how that has transformed my life.
- Meditate – I started meditating when I realized how anxious and uneasy I was almost all the time. I’m eager to do things and tackle a lot of things at once, leaving me overwhelmed and unaccomplished. I decided to take the time to meditate 5 minutes every morning at 7:00am. And I’d have to say…man, I felt so good and ready to just jumpstart my day. It’s definitely not easy at first. I had to attend a few meditation sessions that help guide me and bring me to where I am today. The reason why it’s so good is because your brain relaxes and it helps you feel some clarity. I meditate throughout the day as well by breathing and focus on how I breathe. This helps concentrate on what you’re putting into your body. Negative energy is still something even though you can’t see it!
- Read – I, for one, love to read. I’ve always had. I used to read in the bathroom and when I eat dinner. But school kind of took away the joy and pleasure of reading. I decided this year that I would read more and I did. Reading has opened the doors for the learning experiences that were missed out on when I was in school. Things such as self-improvement, financial success, and how to have better relationships with yourself and others. It’s important to not let school be the limit to your education in life.
- Exercise – I dread this, seriously, but it’s important to do it even if it’s not everyday. If anything, walking 10,000 steps is a good exercise. Get out of the house and take a walk. Really put your body to work, physically and mentally. Exercise releases hormones that increase alertness and productivity. It is in exercise that you will ultimately have success, in terms of health and career. I am NOT saying exercise to lose weight or exercise to get a six pack unless that is your goal, definitely go for it! But it’s important to exercise because that’s also the secret to longevity.
- Eat better and drink lots of water – It’s so important to have a balance in life! That really applies to food. Make sure you get all the nutrients that you need and/or want whether it’s a goal of fitness or simply to eat right. Really feed your body goodies and veggies that it needs. Your body is made up of water and when it lacks that, it’ll use food to compensate, that’s how body weight increases! Make sure you drink lots of water to stay fabulous and healthy! I did this and I was able to shed a few pounds and feel better than ever!
- Say something nice to yourself in the mirror every morning – I struggled with confidence and self-esteem. The power of your own words is so great, it can really change things and move mountains. Whenever I feel like I’m not pretty or start comparing…I tell myself that I’m freaking great and gorgeous. It’s not narcissistic, it’s self-love. When you say those words, you start acting like those words and once you feel that, you will always feel beautiful. There’s even SCIENCE that proves this! A plant that was told bad things die within a few days or weeks (don’t quote me on that) whereas a plant that was told good things was able to outlive the other by a lot more. This is all with their constants of course, and by that I mean same amount of sunlight, same pot, and same amount of water given. Your words MATTER and it’s time we change what we say about ourselves!
Much love to you and the rest of your 2018! I hope your 2019 is filled with the best