“The original Hojicha Powder is a versatile tea powder made from finely ground roasted green tea grown in Kyoto, Japan. Hojicha Powder is the easiest way to experience the naturally sweet taste and the pleasant aroma of Japanese roasted green tea.” – Hojicha.co
Chillology is a up and coming startup that sells teas and candles, with the end goal of helping people chill all around. We interviewed the CEO Dacia a couple of articles back, you can check it out here.
Dacia recently launched her new set of powders and they are all good for you and taste amazing. Hojicha powder is one of them and this is the one I tried. It’s really good with a very unique aroma and taste.
I would rate it a 5/5!!
Hojicha is essentially roasted green tea powder which means that it is caffeinated. I don’t drink coffee often but when I do, I get awfully jittery and will mentally crash 3 hours later. With the Hojicha powder, that was not the case at all!! I love the energy boost it gives me and it’s great in cold and hot drinks.
Here’s some ways you can use Hojicha Powder:
- Method one: HOT
- Take 2 tables spoons of Milo and put it into a mug
- Add 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder
- Add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk
- Put hot water into it and stir
- So good for early morning drink!
- Method two: COLD
- Get a mug and fill it with ice 75%
- Pour in your favorite milk all the way to the top
- Take 1 teaspoon of Hojicha Powder and put it into a separate little bowl
- Add 1 tablespoon of condensed milk (optional but will make it sweeter)
- Pour 2 tablespoons of hot water, add more if needed, and mix
- Then take the bowl of mixture and pour it over the cup of ice with milk
- Super good for hot summer day!
Hope you enjoyed our recent food series! We want to diversify our content, be sure to keep on a lookout for more this month!